Monday, September 24, 2012

Baby Time

 A friend is having her second baby soon, and I made some goodies for it (the gender is a surprise). Since she has now received said gifts I finally get to post this!  A group of us girls all get together for a game night about once a month and we all were to decorate a onesie for baby.  Well, mommy-to-be is a big fan of owls so I knew right away that I wanted to go with an owl theme. I came across a tutorial to sew little felt owl ornaments HERE and adapted the pattern to make a larger stuffed owl toy first.  Then I used the pattern to paint an owl on the onesie using acrylic paint mixed with fabric paint medium. I like how it came out, and so did mommy-to-be!

 I also like to knit hats for new babies so I picked yarns that would go with my color scheme and came up with a little gray, white, and yellow striped double ribbed design. It should fit newborn-3months.



 All the other onesies were cute too but I didn't bring my camera so you'll just have to take my word on it.  I also made a baby face cake to celebrate the little one to come.  It's made of cookies and cream cake in a dome cake pan and frosted with colored butter cream icing.  The little paci in the mouth is my favorite.  (I had to re-do the nose twice and I'm still not a huge fan of it but it worked.  Guess I need more practice on cute baby noses.)  It was yummy and that's what matters most.


4 comments:

  1. This is all DARLING, Kim! You are so very clever. And the "butter cream" frosting has me licking my still-on-South-Beach-Phase-I lips. Editorially speaking, the "you'll just have to take my work on it" was a very funny "Freudian slip" typo!! Additionally, "Guess I need more practice on cute baby noses" has me picturing just the cutest sibling for Hailey ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skills! Such an amazing baby gift!

    ReplyDelete