Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pin-tocity and Pin-cess

Pin-troctiy:  Trying an idea you saw on Pintrest and having it fail in a major way.


Pin-cess: Having a new thing you try based on Pintrest and it turns out a major success.



In this post I'll show you that I've experienced both. But first a little laugh to help demonstrate what a pin-trocity really looks like.












So I've been seeing this thing where you use permanent sharpie markers and rubbing alcohol to create a tye-die effect on a t-shirt.  Here are the two examples I kept seeing, followed by my pin-trocity:




 

Let's just say it's not fail proof!

I took an old hand me down blueish grey shirt of Hailey's to give this a try.  My colors weren't really bleeding the way in the pictures.  Maybe it was because I used 70% instead of 91% alochol.  Maybe because the fabric wasn't staying stretched tight enough over the flimsy plastic cup.  Maybe I doused it with too much alcohol too quickly instead of drop by drop in the center.  Whatever the reason I soon abandoned it as a lost cause and just went crazy drawing "fireworks" on it in sharpie and squeezing it all together so that the alcohol that was already on it could help "spread" the design.  I hate it.  But I think I learned enough from this flop to give it another go some time in the future.  We'll see.



Here is the pin-cess I made a few weeks back: layering cookie dough, Reece's PB cups or Oreos, and topping it with brownie batter to make one delicious dessert.  Here's a peek mid layering of both:



 I baked them in cupcake liners for easier removal from the pan.  I think they took about 18-20 minutes to bake at 350 degrees.  While they both turned out good, I REALLY loved the Reece's one.  For added indulgence to help celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday we then topped them with ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauces and a sprinkle of toffee peices.  Here is the final yumminess.




Great.  Now I really want to eat these again.  I think I see them in my near future.

2 comments:

  1. Wowsa, yes you should make those again. Soon. I'm thinking next Sunday? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: The aforementioned mom-in-law had THREE pieces. Terrific treat, indeed. I came back to San Diego and immediately bought a gym membership. Love, the mom-in-law

    ReplyDelete